At DocStar, we know our business strength comes not only from outstanding software, but also outstanding people. We are dedicated to acquiring top talent and innovative thinkers. If you’re creative, original and intelligent, we want to talk to you!
Our employment packages offer competitive salary, health benefits, 401k, flexible work hours and a casual, friendly environment.
Responsible for answering incoming technical support requests via phone, chat and email in a timely and efficient manner. Documenting each event into our customer relationship management software; seeking guidance from the Technical Support Specialist II or the Customer Service Manager when applicable. Also responsible for replicating customer issues and documenting the steps for replication for escalation to the development team. Responsible for producing technical documentation such has “How To” guides, “FAQs” or Service Bulletins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately record all technical support requests from customers in Salesforce; provide the caller with accurate information that will resolve the problem; and close the case in Salesforce.
- Request assistance from a Technical Support Specialist II for problems that cannot be resolved quickly.
- Follow up on open cases, bug tickets and record all call completion information received from the Customer Service Manager or Technical Support Specialist II.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of DocStar products, SOP’s, service issues, bulletins, and other documentation or information which will assist in the resolution of customer problems.
- Communicate all unusual situations regarding technical and/or dealer related problems, to the Customer Service Manager.
- Assist on special projects as assigned.
- Maintain all company issued property and publications in good condition.
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner beneficial to the company and its reputation, mindful that end user satisfaction with DocStar equipment and personnel is vital to our success.
- All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
- This list of principal responsibilities is a working document and as such may not be complete. The list will be supplemented as necessary.
Qualification Requirements/Job Specifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent. 2-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of one-year technical support experience in a help desk environment
- Minimum one-year experience with Windows XP or Server 2003 or higher
- Knowledge of IIS, databases, and intermediate networking skills. SQL server knowledge a plus. A+, MCP or CDIA certifications a plus but not required
- Ability to follow standards and expectations as outlined in the DocStar Employee Manual
- Technical Aptitude
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Working time: Minimum 40 hours/week unless otherwise noted—All other times as defined by the demands of the customers and department needs—Requires some shift work in order to service clients across the country
- Physical Dexterity: N/A
- Working Conditions: Majority of the time is spent on the telephone
- Psychological Stress Factors: Must be able to communicate in a professional, customer service oriented manner with clients who may, at times, be angry or frustrated, etc.—This may be considerably stressful to some individuals
- Lifting/Carrying: Typically no lifting in excess of 55lbs. Typically requires sitting for long periods of time