It’s simply not feasible to be in two places at once, so when you have places to be and people to see, it is imperative that you have the tools to stay efficient. Being tied down to your PC and its business management programs is unproductive and inefficient – so why do you put up with it? Many of the software programs you need for your business are now available in mobile apps and cloud-based software services, making it easy to run your business and be mobile.
When you automate business programs and are able to access them through the cloud, you can easily run your business from just about anywhere.
Managing Employees Remotely
When you have employees who travel regularly or consultants who are based in another region, it is imperative that you be able to manage them effectively from afar. Mobile apps and cloud-based software make it easy for your remote employees to work and keep in touch with your business.
- Cloud-based software programs are accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, whether it’s a laptop or a mobile device. If you send an employee to meet with a client in another state, they can access your CRM and sales software just as easily on the road as in the office. When delays in updates can cost your business customers and dollars, having mobile-ready software in place can keep you informed and in the loop.
- Finding time and attendance software in the cloud will be critical to managing employees while away.
- Sometimes the best candidate for a job can’t be found within driving distance of your business. With mobile business apps you can hire the best person for the job no matter where they live. From email and social media to video conferencing and file sharing, mobile makes it easy for you to manage your remote employees effectively.
Sales Management and CRM
Implementing cloud-based business software on your mobile device or tablet enables you to access your business information wherever you go. From automating certain aspects of the sales process to prospect/client management you don’t want to miss a sale because you had to step out of the office.
- Track sales and inventory through your mobile business software and set alerts for when inventory gets low or when sales goals are reached.
- With sales management software you can access order processing and tracking, inventory control, accounting history, and customer information from your device. If you meet with a client while you are out of the office, you can still give them accurate, up-to-the-minute information about their order.
- Your mobile CRM software can also alert you to a potential sales opportunity and set appointments with pre-set reminders.
Marketing Campaign Maintenance
Countless apps are now available on the market – at least 300,000 have been developed over the past three years alone according to Source Digital Buzz. Specialized business apps can help you automate and monitor your marketing campaigns while on the go.
- Maintaining your marketing campaigns is an integral part of promoting and growing your business. Marketing automation allows you to continually reach out to your customers no matter where you are.
- It is a good idea to preset texts, emails, and Facebook updates if you are going to be out of the office for an extended period of time.
Automating your business processes to manage your sales, inventory, marketing, and customers leaves you more time to grow and promote your business. With mobile apps and cloud-based software, you don’t have to feel chained to your office computer in order to take care of your business.