|The DocuLex Content Management Solution has provided substantial benefits to hundreds of organizations in virtually every industry over the past decade and more. In August of 2012, docSTAR announced DocStar ECM a new, modernized Enterprise Content Management and Process Automation solution designed for the web. Since DocStar ECM was designed to be the next evolution of powerful and scalable ECM solution, the time has come to announce the End-of-Support for the DocuLex software platform.
While retiring a software product is a natural stage of any product’s life cycle, DocStar recognizes that we must provide our Customers with sufficient time to prepare for the software upgrade and data migration to DocStar ECM. With that in mind, the DocuLex Content Management platform will be transitioning to its end-of-support cycle in three phases:
- Effective immediately, we will no longer accept new orders from new Customers for DocuLex Archive Studio
- We will continue to provide bug fixes and accept orders from existing Customers for additional licenses and modules through June 30, 2017
- We will continue to provide support for DocuLex through December 31, 2018
What does this mean to you?
For customers current with an annual SoftCare Software Assurance and Support subscription, you are entitled to a special promotional offer to upgrade to the DocStar ECM. Over 30 current DocuLex Customers have already upgraded to DocStar ECM and we invite you to take advantage of this special offer to join them. DocStar currently has over 2000 customers managing their mission critical business content with DocStar ECM. You have two available options to take advantage of an upgrade:
- Software License Upgrade – Upgrade and exchange your DocuLex Archive Studio software licenses on a 1:1, one-time basis to DocStar software licenses (deployed on-premises)
- Subscribe to the Hosted Service – Subscribe to the DocStar Hosted Service for an affordable annual fee and take advantage of a twenty-five percent (25%) discount off of the subscription fees for the initial term of your hosted services agreement – DocStar ECM Hosted Service is a Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) offering where a Customer subscribes to the use of the Service in our Cloud.
What are the benefits of upgrading to DocStar ECM?
- Mobile-Friendly – DocStar ECM is easy to use and web-enabled allowing you to access your documents with any browser, at anytime from anywhere on any device. Experience the new look and feel of DocStar ECM by watching the 6 minute demo video.
- Automated Workflow – Get efficient business process automation with guided document routing and reporting. Automate routine document intensive tasks to improve productivity and reduce cycle times.
- Version Control – Check-in, check-out, promotion, demotion and tracking of document revisions.
- eForms – Eliminate paper at its source by implementing electronic forms.
- Record Retention – The ability to enforce record retention policies are a standard feature and can be easily applied and enforced.
- Intelligent Data Capture – Use intelligent data capture to extract data from your documents, reducing manual data entry errors and redundant data entry.
- Integration – DocStar ECM can be seamlessly integrated with most major core business applications giving you greater visibility and access to your documents when you need them.
- Security – Security settings in DocStar solutions ensure that data is only accessed by the right person.
- Latest Technology and Flexible Deployment – The DocStar ECM platform relies on the web latest technology making it more powerful, more flexible and more scalable. Choose the deployment right for you – either install the software on your server infrastructure or subscribe to the hosted services in the Cloud.
Please visit our website to learn more about DocStar ECM. If you have any questions or would like to get started with an upgrade, please contact the DocStar sales team or your authorized DocStar Business Partner today.